LeteratureThe Dream Keeper
marx went to england and made london the base of his revolutionary work.
馬克思來到英國,把倫敦作為他從事革命工作的根據地。
6. character n. (事物的(特性;性質;特征(的總和);(人的)品質;字符;性格;特征;人物
vt. 寫;刻;印;使具有特征
what does her handwriting tell you about her character?
通過她寫的字,你看出了她什么性格?
i don't like the character of the desert landscape.我不喜歡沙漠風光。
mickey mouse and donald are both main characters of a disney cartoon tv series. 米老鼠和唐•老鴨都是一部迪斯尼動畫片的主要角色。
7. power n. 能力;力量;動力;權力
power可指能力、權力、體力、智力、操縱力、控制力、影響力、風力、水動力、核動力、電力等等。
i'll do everything in my power to help you. 我將盡我所能幫助你。
his power is failing. that is to say he is becoming weak.
他的體力在下降,或者說他正在變得虛弱。
this government came into power at the last election.
這屆政府在最后的選舉中上臺執政。
the united states and russia are world powers in international affairs.
在國際事務中,美國和俄羅斯是世界大國。
8. regular adj. 有規則的;有秩序的;經常的;合格的;定期的
regular breathing均勻的呼吸,a regular heart beat正常的心跳,regular teeth整齊的牙齒
a regular customer老主顧、常客,a regular offender慣犯,a regular soldier正規士兵
9. scene n. 現場,場面;情景,景色;發生地點;(戲劇)一場;布景,道具布置
we came to the scene of the accident at once. 我們立刻趕到事故現場。
it reminded us of the miserable scene of the big earthquake.
這使我們想起了那場大地震的悲慘一幕。
we will go abroad for a change of scene. 我們將出國旅行換換風景。
such are the lines of the act 1,scene 2 of hamlet. 這是《哈姆雷特》第二場第一幕中的臺詞。
10. host n. 主人,東道主;旅館老板;(廣播,電視的)節目主持人
vt .(作……主人或東道主),主辦,主持;以主人身份招待
we are proud to get the chance to host the olympic games. 我們為有機會做奧運會的東道主感到自豪。
yesterday we were hosts to a few friends. 昨天我們招待了幾位朋友。
we attended a dinner party hosted by the president of the company.我們參加了由公司總裁舉行的聚餐會。
重要句型:
1. know its root and you will understand its origin.(p. 57)了解了它的詞根你就明白了它的詞源。
祈使句+ and/or…句型相當于一個包含有條件狀語的復合句。and前面的肯定祈使句相當于一個肯定的條件句,or前面的肯定祈使句相當于一個否定的條件句,or前面的否定祈使句相當于一個肯定的條件句;前面的祈使句有時可以是一個短語;or有時可用otherwise代替。如: