Unit 3 Pardon Me!
把水果分給你的朋友們。
③i was among the crowd.
我處在人群中。
④she is among my most welcome visitors.
她是我最歡迎的來訪者之一。
辨析:among與between
都含有“在……中間”的意思。區別是:
※among用于“三者或三者以上之間”,如:
⑤he often went among the masses.
他經常深入群眾。
※between有時也用于“兩者之間”,有時也可用于
“三者或三者以上中的二者之間”,指一個人(物)與
別的另一個人(物)分別發生聯系。
⑥there is a trade agreement between great britain, france and the united states.
英國同法國、美國分別有貿易協定。
※有時,為了表示某一確切的位置,也用between
表示“三者或三者以上的關系”
⑦ecuador lies between columbia, peru, and the pacific ocean.
厄瓜多爾位于哥倫比亞,秘魯和太平洋之間。
2. pardon vt. 原諒,寬恕;n. 原諒,寬恕
①if somebody says something that you do not hear, you can say “i beg your pardon?” or “pardon?” so they will say it again.
如果有人說什么話你沒有聽見,你可以說“對不起,請原諒。”或者說“報歉”。于是他們會再說一遍的。
②beg pardon, i didn’t quite catch your meaning.
對不起,我沒聽清楚你的意思。
3. 語法
過去將來時由was/were going to 和would來表示,這種形式可以表示曾在過去預計發生并且發生了的事。
過去將來時不能獨單使用,一般在賓語從句中作間接引語,表示從過去某一時間來看將要發生的動作或存在的狀態。
① he said she would come to see us next month.
他說她下個月將來看我們。
②did you ask kate whether they would fly to egypt?
你問凱特他們將坐飛機去埃及嗎?
③we didn’t know when the meeting would end.
我們不知道會議什么時候結束。
④he told me they were going to work in xinjiang.
他告訴我他們將去新疆工作。
⑤she said there was going to be a concert next sunday.
她說下星期天有一場音樂會。