Unit15 Popular Youth Culture
for the present暫時
e.g. i can’t remember your name for the present. 我一時記不起你的名字了。
e.g. let’s stop talking about it for the present. 我們暫且不談此事。
tell your classmates why you chose to include this character of teenage life.告訴同學們為什么你選擇提到青年生活的這一特點.
【點撥】choose 后接選出來的結果choose from 接選擇的范圍.
e.g. there are so many books for me to choose that i don’t know which one to choose.
這兒有那么多書可供選擇, 我不知要選那一種.
reading
around 24,000 yong volunteers community service stations in china are welcoming increasing numbers of chinese youth who want to make a contribution to society, and the wok they are doing is important. 大約24000中國青年志愿者服務站歡迎更多的中國青年志愿為社會做出貢獻。他們所做的工作很重要。
【點撥】welcome 在此處是動詞:歡迎
e.g. the publication of the novel is warmly welcomed. 這本小說的出版很受歡迎。
e.g. we welcomed criticism. 我們歡迎批評。
形容詞welcome 受歡迎的
e.g. orders are welcome.歡迎訂購。
e.g. you’re welcome to use any instrument here.這兒的儀器你用好了。
e.g. welcome to peking! 歡迎你們來北京!
e.g. we gave the delegation a warm welcome. 我們熱烈歡迎代表團。
【點撥】make a contribution to/towards 對某事做出貢獻.
e.g. we should make greater contribution to world peace.
我們應當對世界和平做出更大的貢獻。
動詞詞組 contribute...to...為某事做出貢獻;把某物捐獻給某人
e.g. everyone should contribute what he or she can afford to help the poor.
每個人都應當盡力貢獻力量幫助貧困的人們。
“...each contribution---no matter how small---can help make a difference.” “每一點貢獻---不管多少---都有作用.”
【點撥】no matter how/when/where/what/who等只引導狀語從句;
而whatever/whoever等既能接狀語從句,也能接名詞性從句
e.g. no matter what(=whatever) the papers print, some people always believe it.
不管報紙上說什么, 總有人相信它.
e.g. she leaves her bedroom door open, no matter how cold (=however cold) it is.
無論多冷,她都讓臥室的門開者.
e.g. whoever comes first will receive a present. 誰先到,誰就會收到禮物.
e.g. you can eat whatever you like. 喜歡什么就吃什么.
【點撥】make a/some/no/much difference(沒)有關系, (沒)有影響
e.g. that makes no difference to me what you say.你說什么對我都沒關系.
e.g. it won’t make much difference whether you go today or tomorrow.
你今天走還是明天走沒有多大關系.
every tuesday and friday he visits an elderly gentleman who lives alone.
每到星期二和星期四他都去看望一位孤寡老人.
【點撥】alone 形容詞或副詞, 不帶感情色彩, 單獨, 獨自一個人
e.g. when the baby woke up, she found herself alone. 當嬰兒醒來時,發現只有他一個人.