高三英語king lear教案
keep sb on = continue to employ someone 繼續留用
how many people will be kept on by the company? 有多少人會被公司留用?
you’re not fit for the job. we can’t keep you on.你不適合這個工作,我們不能繼續留用你。
she’s a smart girl. it’s a pity that they don’t keep her on.她是個挺聰明有女孩子。他們不繼續留用她,真可惜。
2. sir, i am sorry, to tell you this, but it seems to me that you are not being treated with the respect due to a king. 先生,我很遺憾地告訴你,我覺得你沒有受到像一個國王應該受到的尊敬和禮遇。due 在句中之意是:應得的,應給的 。
還可表示:應支付的,適當的,預定的,到期的
a great deal of money is due to you. 應當付你一大筆錢。
after due consideration, they decided to retreat.他們經過適當考慮后決定撤退。
when is your baby due? 你的孩子預計什么時候出生。
these library books are due next month.這些圖書館的圖書下個月到期應還。
3. i suspect the same, but i keep telling myself it was my imagination. 我曾這樣懷疑過,但我不斷告訴自己說,這只是我的想象罷了。
suspect 懷疑,猜想,后接名詞或從句
he seems poor, but i suspect that he has quite a lot of money.
他看上去很窮,可是我懷疑他很有錢。
don’t suspect my loyalty. 不要懷疑我的忠誠。
4. is it any wonder that i frown when your soldiers are continually drinking and fighting?我皺眉有什么好奇怪的?你的衛兵老是酗酒斗毆。
is it any wonder (that)…? = it is no/little wonder (that) … “不奇怪,不足為奇”。 with such talented players,is it any wonder they won?他們捅有如此優秀的運動員,獲勝就不足為奇了。
is it any wonder that he speaks good english after living in the us for many years.他在美國生活了很多年,英語說得很好,這難道有什么好奇怪的嗎?
continually 和continuously 的區別
兩者均可表示“連續的,不間斷地”,但前者表示“一段時間內多次發生”、“時斷時續”或“中斷時間很短而以接連發生”;而后者指“連續不斷地,不停歇地”the telephone has be ringing continually in the office all morning.
整個早上辦公室的電話鈴聲不斷。
the telephone rang continuously for five minutes.電話鈴聲連續響了五分鐘。5. i suggest you teach them how to behave properly.
我建議你還是教教他們怎樣守規矩。